We’re hoping that you’re all keeping up with those new year’s resolutions but if not, we’re still expecting you to hold us accountable to ours: teaching you all how to achieve the most natural-looking, sunless glow. 2023 is the year of glowing skin all year long and we’ve asked the professionals to share some of their best self-tanning tips with all of you so you can get your faux glow from home:
- Exfoliate and remove any unwanted hair via shaving, waxing, etc. 24-48 hours before applying self-tanner. This will ensure that pores have closed, and self-tanner will apply smoothly across skin.
- Make sure to have a self-tanning applicator mitt before beginning the self-tanning process.
- Apply self-tanning product to applicator mitt – DO NOT apply directly to your skin.
- Use large, circular motions to apply product, start with your legs and work your way up through your torso, chest, and arms – reapplying product to the mitt as needed.
- Be sure to not oversaturate the application mitt with product, you can always reapply another coat of self-tanner if the color does not come out as dark as you would like the first time.
- If you are self-tanning for an event, or vacation, be sure to apply a couple days before the event incase you need to apply more product to achieve your desired color.
- The most dreaded part of self-tanning is making sure you get your entire back – we recommend asking a friend for help! If you are in a situation where all you have is yourself, try using some sort of longer-handled household item such as a hairbrush or a spatula. Put the applicator mitt over the top and secure with a hair band or rubber band. This will help you to reach your entire back!
We hope these tips help give you the confidence to self-tan at home when you can’t get that last minute spray tan in! Do you have any tips to share with us? Send us a DM on any of our Facebook or Instagram pages: @norvellsunless, @mystictan, and @versaspa!