First spray tan jitters? Not to worry! We totally understand how complex the process of prepping for your first spray tan can seem if you have never gotten one before, but we would like to inform you that it’s actually SUPER easy! In fact, we’ve narrowed it down to 5 easy steps to follow that will leave you with a natural-looking, streak-free glow whether you’re jumping into an automated booth or letting a professional spray tan artist do the job:
- Exfoliate, Shave and/or Wax 24-48 hours BEFORE your scheduled spray tan appointment.
- Any cosmetic appointments such as manicures, pedicures, hair coloring, waxing, etc. should also be completed at least 24 hours BEFORE your scheduled spray tan appointment so that your tan does not fade prematurely.
- Arrive to your appointment with clean skin – do not apply moisturizers, deodorant, perfumes, makeup, etc. A blank canvas is the best base for a spray tan application!
- Wear dark, loose-fitting clothing to your appointment to prevent bronzer from transferring. (If you don't wear dark clothes, it's okay - the bronzer will wash out when you wash your clothes)
- If you think it may rain/snow around the time of your appointment, make sure to bring an umbrella and/or rain jacket. Raindrops are a fresh glow’s greatest foe.
Did you know that if you ever have any questions regarding your spray tan or any of the prep/post care associated with it, you can send us a DM on any of our Instagram pages @mystictan, @versaspa, and @norvellsunless? We love being able to help each of you bring out your inner glow!
If you think this is as easy peasy as we do, head to our Store Locator feature to find a Mystic Tan booth, VersaSpa booth or a Professional Norvell Spray Tan Artist near you!